Seminars are free to members of The Lindfield Chamber of Commerce, otherwise a $50 attendance applies.
Bookings essential – call 02 9496 2300 for more information.
Events in 2018
The Bradfield Small Business Forum with the Hon Craig Laundy MP
The Importance of Ethics in Business
Business has never been more challenged as we move into a world of AI and Robotics. How do we ensure a just and orderly transition in an environment where there is such a trust deficit and a growing sense of inequality (real or perceived)?
What role does Ethics have to play? What legacy can we hope to leave our children and grandchildren? Peter Joseph, Chairman and Simon Longstaff, Executive Director of the St James Ethics Centre, will reflect on these questions after a lifetime in business and the social sector.
The St James Ethics Centre is an independent not for profit organisation that has been working for 25 years to help people and organisations navigate the complexity and uncertainty of difficult ethical issues.
Friday 13th April – Pymble Golf Club, Cowan Rd St Ives
Breakfast & networking from 7:00am
Presentation 7:30 – 8:30am
Tickets: $35 including breakfast
Further information: Charlotte 02 9496 2300
Peter Joseph AM. Peter Joseph has over 40 years’ experience as an investment banker and company director. He received a Rotary Foundation Fellowship for International Understanding to do an MBA at Ohio State University in 1967 and 1968. Peter has been a Director of many public and private companies including BT Australia, Dominion Mining, Bridge Oil and the GPT Group. He was Chairman, St Vincent’s Hospital and Mater Health Sydney, Chairman of the Riverview College Council. He is Chairman of the Black Dog Institute, The Ethics Centre, The Health-Science Alliance. Peter has a B.Com from the University of Queensland and a Master’s in Business Administration from Ohio State University
Dr Simon Longstaff AO. Simon’s is a Fellow of CPA Australia and an Honorary Professor at ANU. Simon began work in Groote Eylandt for the BHP subsidiary, GEMCO. After he studied law in Sydney he undertook postgraduate studies in philosophy as a Member of Magdalene College, Cambridge. Simon has been Executive Director of The Ethics Centre since 1991. He was the inaugural President of The Australian Association for Professional & Applied Ethics and serves on a number of Boards and committees across a broad spectrum of companies and organisations.
Speed Networking Breakfast – 2 May 2018
Are you a business owner looking to build up your network and expand your business but are short on time? Then Speed Networking could be for you!
WHAT IS SPEED NETWORKING?
Speed Networking provides an efficient and structured way to meet professionals who are looking to build their network and grow their business.
HOW IT WORKS
Instead of only speaking to a couple of people that you usually would at a normal networking function, you get the opportunity to network with a wider range of people. There are no long introduction speeches or getting stuck talking to the same person for long periods of time. Instead you can get straight into networking and building relationships with the right people.
After a speedy breakfast, you will get 10 minutes to chat one on one to a mix of business professionals and entrepreneurs in a relaxed environment. This event is perfect for attending by yourself to expand your business through referrals, gain new contacts and discuss your business challenges and issues with like-minded people.
When: Wednesday 21st February from 7:30am to 9:00am.
Venue: Peter Vickers Business Group – Suite 2, 345 Pacific Highway, Lindfield, NSW 2070
Cost: $50 or FREE for members
Includes a light breakfast – please advise of any dietary requirements. Limited spaces available.
Is Super Being Destroyed? – 14 June 2018
12:30pm – 2:00pm
Is Super Dead? More changes in superannuation keep coming.
- What are the latest changes and strategies?
- Can one retire on $1.6 million?
- Will the Royal Commission affect my super?
- Are there alternative ways for saving, investing and retiring?
- What do I have to do before 30th June?
Peter Vickers with 40 years of experience in superannuation will answer these and other questions.
COST: FREE to Peter Vickers Business Group Clients with code “SUPERFREE1“. Non clients $50. Includes a light lunch.
For any event queries, please email email@example.com.
Preparing Your Business for the New Financial Year
Make or Break Investment Trends
More information and events coming soon…
Previous Seminar Topics:
- KU-RING-GAI COUNCIL SENIORS FESTIVAL 2018 – Investing in Retirement – Peter Vickers, Peter Vickers Business Group – March 2018
- Speed Networking Lunch – February 2018
- Radical Changes in Investing & Tax – Peter Vickers, Peter Vickers Business Group – February 2018
- Marketing – “The Great Unfair Advantage” – 6 simple steps to make your marketing work harder, Jamie McAinsh and Terry Jones from The Marketing Clan – November 2017
- Your Leadership Can Make Or Break A Company – Understand the most common pitfalls of people in leadership and how they can be avoided, Professor Gayle Avery from Macquarie Graduate School of Management – October 2017
- If you’re a millennial – you need to know the importance of saving – But it doesn’t mean you can’t have a life after work! Millennial Matt Vickers, Snowgum Financial Services – July 2017
- Get Ready for Super reforms, effective 1 July! Peter Vickers, Peter Vickers Business Group – May 2017
- Next Generation Investment Trends – Matt Vickers, Principal Adviser, Snowgum Financial Services – March 2017
- Cochlear and Innovation are synonymous: innovating to tackle the hearing health epidemic! Shaun Hand, General Manager, Australia and New Zealand
- Are you making the most out of your investment property? Peter Vickers, Peter Vickers Business Group
- The Latest on Super changes – What do they mean? Peter Vickers, Peter Vickers Business Group
- Leveraging Hybrid Cloud for Small Business, Gavin Vermaas, Owner, Rightserv Pty Ltd
- Property Outlook and Market Update July 2016, Josh Masters, BuySide Agency
- Exchange Traded and non-Exchange Traded Products: Driving the changing landscape of Investment Markets, Ian Irvine, Head of Customer and Business Development, ASX Limited and Matt Vickers, Principal Adviser, Snowgum Financial Services
- Wellbeing for Woman, Physiofit Physiotherapist, Kerry Weston
- The Collaborative Economy: connecting with others to use your collaborative strength to get a better deal, Mike Wilson, Joint CEO, Supply Clusters
- Xero presentation: What is the cloud and how do you do accounting in it?
- Economic and Market Update, Stephen Halmarick, Head of Economic and Market Research, Colonial First State Global Asset Management
- The One Page Business Plan – “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” Benjamin Franklin
- An Introduction to Hands On Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), SEO specialist John Bertrand from AIA
- Learn how to recruit passive candidates, promote job opportunities using business and social media and brand your business, Danny Staub
- Maximising the tax and investment benefits from your retirement savings, Peter Vickers, Peter Vickers Business Group
- Tax and Accounting issues for the New Financial Year , Cathy Stockwell, CA BCom, Dip FP
- How to handle the finances of ageing parents, Peter Vickers, Peter Vickers Business Group
For more information on seminars and events please Contact Us