Follow us on Facebook for the latest news on events and important matters.
Congratulations to our Fathers Day Art Competition Winners:
Lindfield Public School – Harry, Inaya & Tilly,
Cromehurst – Eddy, Abdullah & Nevael,
Holy Family Catholic School – James D, Riley X & Joshua B
Reddam Early Learning School – Oliver, Sophia & Madeleine.
We would like to thank all the children for the wonderful artworks we have been able to display in our local business windows on both Pacific Highway and Lindfield Avenue and wish all Dad’s a very Happy Fathers Day.
Click through to see all the childrens artwork Father’s Day Art Competition 2020
Thank you to the following businesses for their kind donations of prizes: Lindfield Pharmacy, Marciano’s Woodfire Spuntino Bar, Lindfield Speciality Butcher, Toppings Plus Pizza, Plus Fitness, Dutch Hideaway, Perrette Wine Fraternity, Save Our Village Lindfield and Bendigo Bank.
Lindfield Chamber of Commerce AGM
The Mothers Day Art Competition Winners are from Reddam ELS:
Eahba C, Estella & Edie – Congratulations!
We would like to thank the children for the wonderful artworks we have been able to display in our local businesses and wish all Mum’s a very Happy Mothers Day.
We would also like to thank the following businesses for this year’s fabulous prizes: Toppings Pizza for $100 voucher, Plus Fitness for 3 month gym membership and Bendigo Bank for Kur-ring-gai Monopoly.
The Lindfield Chamber of Commerce – Our opinion is our own – it is important to us and our wider community that we do everything we can to stay safe and get back to business https://www.smh.com.au/…/wimped-out-covidsafe-app-should-be…
Lindfield Chamber of Commerce AGM
The Lindfield Chamber of Commerce AGM will be held on Monday 5th August from 18:00 at Peter Vickers Business Group, Suite 2, 345 Pacific Highway, Lindfield,NSW 2070.
If you would like to attend or have any items to be discussed please contact Olivia at email@example.com
- Ku-ring-gai Council development plans including the Lindfield Hub and on Pacific Highway
- Difficulties during the development of the Lindfield Village Green
- Election of new committee members
Political comment by Peter Vickers, Secretary
The fiasco of the Lindfield Hub continues into its 7th year. I personally favour 14 stories of residential, as I believe this is a safeguard from the Council going broke on this project. This project shows that Council does town planning badly. It can resume a few houses in Balfour – for a park now part of the Hub – but what about the shops on the Highway? Under the current proposal these will be isolated facing the Highway, are old and not constructed for modern purposes. They also require rear lane access.
Village Green Car Park
The Village Green is also having issues. The local business owners now have to face the reality of 3 or 4 years of building activity and have been asked for permission for building cranes to be used over their properties. Are hard hats strong enough?
There are a number of businesses that have lodged change of use DAs with council and these are taking months to process. No wonder it is easier to just knock the building down and start again.
Come to our AGM and let’s have a super winge about what is going on.
Support Lindfield’s Latest News
Please find the email from Support Lindfield to Lindfield Chamber of Commerce Secretary Peter Vickers below:
The Support Lindfield Committee voted unanimously at its meeting on 16 May to support Woolworths Unsolicited Proposal to Council. We made this decision based on the following:
- As Aldi is included in the retail offering, there is now no competition in the supermarket space. Coles is developing their existing site; Harris Farm and IGA have recently opened on the east side.
- The design includes the important features that you, the community, have told us you wanted in the Hub, i.e. pedestrian bridge over Pacific Highway, specialty retail including cafes and restaurants, spaces that all ages of the community can use, plenty of parking, a chance for a vibrant and engaging space.
- In addition, the design includes new Scout facilities which is an important community organisation. Other inclusions are the components set out in Council’s design, e.g. library, community centre, child care centre, commercial space, limited residential and park land.
- Woolworths have proven experience in developing and delivering successful similar mixed-use complexes in the Sydney area (Lane Cove Market Square, Belrose, Double Bay, Crows Nest); they obviously have the experience in managing and delivering complex projects which Council does not have; surely a fitting partner for Council.
- They will work with RMS to deliver a satisfactory traffic solution.
- The icing on the cake is that they will fund the development.
You could be forgiven for thinking that Council would jump at this massive multi million dollar offering. Unfortunately you would wrong. Senior Council staff and some Councillors including Mayor Jennifer Anderson and Deputy Mayor Callum Clarke are opposing it. Why? We don’t know.
We urge you to email or phone your local Ward Councillor and find out if they’re supporting the proposal. If they’re not then tell them they’re not acting in the best interests of their constituents….. who voted for them. You will find contact details here
We have had comments from some residents suggesting that we don’t need two more supermarkets. Our response to that is:
- if Woolworths and Aldi didn’t think they could run a commercially viable business in the Hub they wouldn’t be there; that’s just more choice for the consumer
- have a serious look at what Woolworths are providing our community – millions of dollars in public infrastructure such as the pedestrian bridge over Pacific Highway, library, community centre, park land.
- and the critical words….. “at no cost to Council”.
Of course they’re going to have a supermarket in the Hub. No Woolies no gifts!
More information can be found at www.supportlindfield.net
As a loyal member of the Lindfield Chamber of Commerce, The Lindfield Bookshop was nominated for a visit by local MP Paul Fletcher and the Minister for Small and Family Business, the Workplace and Deregulation, the Hon Craig Laundy MP.
Mr Scott Whitmont, owner of the Lindfield Bookshop had a good conversation with Mr Fletcher and Mr Laundy about the history of his shop and how a small business copes in todays modern business environment.
The Lindfield Bookshop was specifically nominated by the Lindfield Chamber of Commerce as a long time and valued member of the Chamber as part of the Bradfield Small Business Forum event where Mr Laundy was invited as a guest by Paul Fletcher.
22 February – Ku-ring-gai Speed Networking
The Ku-ring-gai Chamber of Commerce held its very first Speed Networking event at Peter Vickers Business Group offices in Lindfield. The event was a great success with excellent feedback from all attendees including Lindfield Chamber of Commerce members. Each session ran for 10 minutes, giving each guest 5 minutes to present their company and product or service. The Lindfield Chamber of Commerce was a proud supporter of the event. Keep an eye out for the next Speed Networking event.
Some of the feedback from the event: “Informal, very effective, enjoyable, I learnt a lot”, “Great way to have 1-on-1 conversations but to also talk to a lot of people”, “Better than the 2 minutes speed networking which is too short”, “What a comfortable setting, thank you”, “I would love to attend one of these events again”, “Great setup!”.
December 2017 – Christmas Raffle 2017
A huge thank you to all the businesses that participated in the Lindfield Christmas raffle for 2017.
We had 24 businesses who participated in this years raffle: Absolutely Fabulous Hair, Bendigo Bank, The Blackout, Christophe Patisserie, Ciao Down, Delish, Dutch Hide Out, Gelatiamo, Jeeves Dry Cleaning, Kasart Hair, Lindfield Bookshop, Lindfield Optometry, Lindfield Pharmacy, Lindfield Print & Copy Centre, Lindfield Specialty Butcher, Linquist Hair, Makiato, Omorfia, Richardson & Wrench, Subway, Sweet Violets, The Runaway Spoon, The Village Pharmacy, Vision Training
Congratulations to the 3 lucky winners of the 2017 Christmas raffle – a customer from Bendigo Bank, Dutch Hideout & Delish
On behalf of the Lindfield Chamber of Commerce we would like to wish you all a happy and safe holidays!